/ / / /

The Show Will Go On in 2011 (Following a Brief Babymaking Commercial)

Where: 3570 Las Vegas Blvd. S [map], 89109
February 10, 2010 at 10:18 PM | by | Comments (0)

We don’t mean to brag, we don’t mean to boast, but we did clue our dear readers in on a hunch that a certain Strip diva would be back a week before People magazine broke the news. Stick with us a VegasChatter.com, we won’t steer you wrong.

According to People, Céline Dion is planning to return to the Las Vegas stage with an all-new musical show in 2011. The show is set to premiere on March 15, 2011 at the The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, where Dion previously performed for five years. Dion dishes to People:

"It's happening!" Dion says of the upcoming three-year residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, where she ended a five-year run of sold-out shows in 2007. "Great songs, great lyrics. I think it's going to be very touching."

Backed by 31 musicians, Dion's new show will feature "all the songs from my repertoire that people want to hear," along with a selection of music from classic Hollywood films, she says. "I just love the big orchestra and the beautiful black-and-white movies and romance."

Tickets for the show go on sale on Friday and we've already received an email alert from AEG Live/Ticketmaster reminding us to get our tickets. Never mind, that Celine's first show is THIRTEEN MONTHS AWAY.

In the meantime, Dion and husband/manager René Angélil have other business to attend to – the task of getting the “My Heart Will Go On” songstress knocked up. People is reporting that Dion has struggled with fertility and hopes that a fifth round with IVF is a charm. If all goes as planned, 9-year-old son René-Charles will have a little sis or bro by the time the 2011 show kicks off.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Not a member? .