1. Tout your #1 Fan Status: If booking tickets by phone, donít repeatedly inform the ticketing agent you are Cherís number one fan. Unless youíre booking a dozen category 1 tickets to O, the agent isnít that impressed as youíre the sixteenth #1 fan sheís heard from today.
2. Show Up Late: This one will always be a pipe dream, but donít plan on making it from Mandalay Bay Beach to Le Reve in ten minutes on a Saturday night (or any night). When you do show up late, find your seat and sit quickly. We donít want to stare at the wet spot on the backside you forgot to towel off while you draw straws to decide who sits next to the 400 pound gremlin.
3. Bring Dinner: If you might be hungry, plan on eating before the show Ė and donít bring it with you to finish. We actually witnessed a guy unroll a $5 footlong at the start of Phantom of the Opera. Donít know where to eat before the show? We wrote that list too.
4. Answer Your Cellphone: By now, it should go without saying to put your cell on silent/vibrate before any event. But we all hear it at every show and movie. So if itís inevitably you that forgets, at the very least mute it quickly. Not like the oblivious dude we saw recently who stared at his phone for a good thirty seconds before putting it away. Yes, the whole audience was staring at you, guy, while you shone a spotlight on the first five rows.
5. Get Dressed in the Dark: Like we said, just about anything goes at Vegas shows. If you wanted to attend opening night at the Met, you wouldnít be staying in a $1 Sahara room. But unless youíre dressed like a leprechaun with a personal steak knife at Tournament of Kings (true), donít make us assume mom dresses you back at home. Or worse, in mixed company, at least pay attention to what your date is wearing. We saw a guy wearing a ballcap (not even Ed Hardy), worn out t-shirt with an up-collar (again, true), and mandels (of course, with socks) while his date wore a ball gown one sequin short of needing a tiara.
Whatever time you show up or ultimately wear, donít forget to tell us what you thought of the show.
[Photo: Phantom Las Vegas [official site]]