Guess the Vegas Hotel Positioning Itself For Swingers and Sex Tapers
July 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM
GUESS THE HOTEL REVEALED!
Why, what have we here? The opening scene of a homemade sextape? Another Erin Andrews-style peeping Tom hidden in the ceiling? A brave attempt to start a new fetish for fully clothed people eating TGI Friday’s potato skins in bed?
Sadly no. This was us at 5am this morning when, after attending the birthday bash of Mr Tasting Las Vegas, we mustered enough courage to return to our room in this hotel. And by “room” we mean “skanky amateur porn set”.
Yes, this place was so skanky that it is, as far as we can remember, the first room we've ever stayed in that made us keep on all our clothes, all night. And we were wearing jeans, people. Jeans. (Sorry for pictorially inflicting ourselves on you, btw; it was hard to convey the sheer skeeviness without a body in the bed.)
Where were we? None of you guessed on Twitter so we thought we’d try you on a picture round here. Some clues to help you on your way:
* The hotel is across the road from a similarly named casino
* Its self-park garage is on a par with Aria’s for appallingness
* The “minisuites” here (which we were upgraded to after we complained about the foul room we started off with) come with swingertastic baths with room for 8 and mirrored ceilings.
* Although there has surely been a lot of touching up going on in the room (probably by middle-aged swingers), we doubt the room itself has been much touched up since the 80s.
* We’re actually quite fond of the casino here
* The onsite entertainment and restaurant options are far, far superior to the rooms.
* Cellphone reception is bad in the casino, but impossible in the room – it took a 10 minute walk to get a single bar or reception this morning.
Right now, we’re off to take a Silkwood shower and ponder the question: why didn’t we listen to our friend who loves the budget hotels of Vegas (for realz, he’s currently enjoying the delights of the Gold Coast) but told us just a couple of weeks ago that this was the one place he’s checked out of early and would never return to.
So where were we? Guess away in comments below or you can bung us your answers on Twitter.