Restaurant Week Has Our Brains In a Tizzy
Restaurant Week Chefs are standing by waiting to take your order.
Restaurant Week always gets us giddy since it's a way to try new restaurants and revisit old standbys while sometimes getting a deal of a meal but always benefiting Three Square Food Bank. With too many delish menus to fit into one week, even assuming we do both lunch and dinner daily, we always plan our attack ahead. When we heard the fifth annual Restaurant Week was a super sized twice as nice this year (August 29 thru September 11), we fell right into our crab and seafood chowder.
RW menus are up online at HelpDineOutLV.org but we've noticed a few additions each day this week and expect even more to be added as there are some participating restaurants still not yet listed. Some interesting observations can be made looking at this year's lineup:
· MGM Resorts is a huge RW player which isn't surprising given how many properties and restaurants they offer in Vegas. At last count, Bellagio led the pack with nine followed by Mirage at eight.
· Fleur de Lys was an annual must-stop before it closed. Mandalay Bay lists six restaurants this year but the reincarnated Fleur is sadly not one.
· The Cosmopolitan debuts with four restaurants.
· Downtown and Off-Strip dining options are available.
· As if eating out twice a day during RW wasn't hard enough on our waistlines, breakfast is available this year, too.
Enough stats already, VegasChatter! Where can and should we eat? We're glad you asked. We'll be back next week with our Restaurant Week recommendations after our brain recovers from statistical overload.