Tag: Fred SegalView All Tags
Vegas News Briefs / Jesse Waits / SLS Las Vegas / Travis Barker / Hyde Bellagio / Fred Segal / Closings / NBA Summer League / Las Vegas Power Pass / → All Tags
There's so much going on in Vegas, we can't get to all of it so here's a nifty news round-up for you instead. Enjoy!
· WAITS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING, FOR ANOTHER NEW BUILDING: Norm Clarke broke the news over the weekend that Jesse Waits, the nightclub partner behind Tryst and XS at Wynn and Encore, respectively, has left his cushy nightlife gig to join
Al-anon Alon Las Vegas, the $4 billion resort and casino going up on the site of the old Frontier. He will join other former Wynn-ers, Andrew Pascal and Rob Oseland in his new position, of which details have yet to be released but clearly, he's running the nightlife ops. But will he bring back his twin Cy, who's had a tough go of things lately?
· SLS BOSS STAYING POSITIVE: Johnny Kats has an interview with Scott Kreeger, the new president and COO of SLS Las Vegas, who is of course "confident in the future" of SLS. If he wasn't, he would be fired. Nevertheless, the piece has some interesting tidbits such as--the SLS Buffet is "not a priority", Fred Segal Jewels recently closed and that Keeger thinks their new players club program is better than Boyd's or Station's.
· DRUMMER TRAVIS BARKER DOING A RESIDENCY AT HYDE BELLAGIO: Travis Barker of Blink-182 fame will kick off his “Give the Drummer Some” residency at Hyde Bellagio on Tuesday, August 18. He will be the first artist to launch an official residency at Hyde. He plans to "deliver high-powered performances featuring tracks from his first solo album." Here are his residency dates: August 18, 2015; September 5, 2015; November 3, 2015; January 2, 2016; February 20, 2016; and March 19, 2016.
· LAS VEGAS POWER PASS ADDS NEW ATTRACTIONS: For $84.99 per adult and $54.99 per child (aged 2-12), the one-day Las Vegas Power Pass will get visitors "discounts and offers at top Vegas shows, dining and retail venues, fast-track entry at five of the city's busiest attractions and a free two-day hop-on, hop-off bus tour ticket." New attractions include Cowabunga Water Park, KISS Mini-Golf and Gene Wood's Go-Kart racing. You can peep the full-list of attractions included here. There are also multiple-day passes available as well. The passes are available now for 15 percent off until tomorrow.
· NBA SUMMER LEAGUE SO FAR: We forgot to include this in our weekend cheat sheet but the NBA Summer League is in full swing. The Bleacher Report has today's schedule and the league's standings so far. Games take place at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion at UNLV from July 10-20. Tickets start at $25 a day for general admission.
[Photo: Jesse C Waits/Facebook]
Yes, we told you. And, we're going to bet that the Bally's Grand Bazaar creators, Parball Corporation and Caesars Entertainment, would rather we didn't share the following early progress update and pictures with you. But, since it was revealed in a public Planning Commission meeting, it's out there for anyone with an interest. And, we're really, really interested. We think you will be, too, once we tell you the scale of the project.
This Grand Bazaar we keep telling you about will convert the whole Strip-facing section in front of Bally's into an upscale, outdoor "retail experience." It'll have dining options, too, but those details are still under wraps. We heard solid rumors that the Bazaar would be strenuously pushing for an upscale feel and we can now back those tales up with information direct from the source. Our images are fleeting grabs taken from the meeting, so stick with us. And, squint.
Announcements / SLS Las Vegas / Sam Nazarian / Sahara / Openings / Fred Segal / → All Tags
The SLS Vegas is moving forward. If only on paper.
In a press release issued today, Sam Nazarian is sticking with an anticipated opening of 2014 for the transformation of the Sahara. And, when it makes its debut, it will be all Fred Segal, all the time.