Tag: National Finals RodeoView All Tags
Dust off your cowboy hats and brush up on your Toby Keith. Just because The Week Vegas Goes Country is over, doesn't mean we've lost our twang.
Vegas will go cowboy again starting tomorrow when the South Point hosts the Arabian Breeders World Cup and continues next weekend with the regional finals for the Collegiate Rodeo. Below is a round up (pun intended!) of some of the different events that will take place around Vegas this spring as well as early details on the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in December.
It's the most wonderful time of the year...when the rodeo comes back to town! And boy are there so many more options for cowboys and cowgirls this year than there were in previous years.
First of all, they now have two places to ride a mechanical bull on the Strip--Gilley's and PBR Rock Bar. Secondly, Garth Brooks is kicking off his newest batch of shows this weekend at Wynn. And the Cowboy Christmas Gift Show returns to the Las Vegas Convention Center tonight and will run through December 12.
Oh and there's the rodeo itself! The festivities kick off tonight at the Thomas & Mack Center at 6:45pm with tickets starting at around $47 a pop. Go here for the full schedule of events.
But we suspect that cowboys will be doing more things in Vegas aside from wrangling horses and attending the nightly Buck'n Ball. So we'll keep an eye out for them at Garth, Gilley's and PBR, but if you've got the lowdown on where the happening after hours hoe down goes on, do ride it hard and hang it up wet in comments below.
Deals / Cirque du Soleil / Cirque Week / Travelzoo / Guided Vegas / Aria / Monte Carlo / National Finals Rodeo / → All Tags
One of the hardest things about writing about Vegas is sifting through all the deals that are being blasted everywhere from travel booking sites to casino email newsletters to Twitter and Facebook. More often than not, we find these deals to be not such great offers. But every now and then, the universe smiles down on Vegas deal seekers and drops in a few good ones together. That's what happened today so read on for 5 Vegas Deals We'd Cash Out Right Now For.
1. Travelzoo Hotel Sale: This week's Travelzoo Top 20 travel deals includes cheap, cheap rates from Vegas hotels through December, up to about 40 percent off. Sure, the old cheapie standbys are on it--Excalibur and Luxor for under $47 a night --but so hard is our favorite joint, The Trop ($60-$70 a night), the party spot that is The Hard Rock ($48-$55), as well as Caesars ($80-$90) and Vdara ($119-$129.) Most of these are weeknight stays but if you're looking to stay in Vegas past the weekend, these deals will certainly help your budget out.
Tonight continues the fourth night of the National Finals Rodeo and if you've got your heart set on bedding a cowboy before it all ends on December 12, here are five totally unproven ways to do it.
1. Tell 'em you got tickets to see Garth Brooks on December 11th. It doesn't matter if that's true or not. You just need to hook 'em in for the night and you'll be gone when the morning comes.
2. Do not talk about animal cruelty. Actually, this one we did try. Cowboys will argue that the horses they use to lasso in rodeo finals are actually fat. "They eat better than me," one told us last night. Again, if you wanna bed him for the night, just nod your head and say yes.
3. Stay at the South Point. This is where a ton of cowboys are hitching their trailers when in town, thanks to the hotel's own equestrian center inside. If you can't get a room, um, skulk the hallways?
4. Do shots at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar at Harrah's. No explanation needed.
5. Buy stuff at the Cowboy Christmas Show. The shopping "extravaganza" is open all week from 10am to 5pm in the North Halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Besides, shopping for a new pair of cowboy boots could lead to all sorts of sexy discussions. Not sure we can say the same for cowboy poetry.
Generally speaking, when we write about cowboys, the word refers to pocket kings in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em.
This time, however, we’re actually talking about honest-to-goodness cowboys; the kinds that chew tobacco, listen to Garth Brooks, wear ten-gallon hats, lasso rabid bulls, ride around on horses and walk around in spurs.
A contingent of some of the best cowboys from all over North America will be in town next week for the National Finals Rodeo at the Thomas and Mack Center Dec. 3-12. The event, hailed as the “Super Bowl of Rodeos,” is the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association annual championship.
Over the course of ten days, the NFR features the Top 15 competitors in each of professional rodeo's seven events: saddle bronco riding, bull riding, bareback riding, calf-roping, team roping, steer wrestling and barrel racing.